Well I am finally posting the birth story of Logan Matthew! I know it took forever but I was way too tired and busy to post and then I think I just wanted to forget it all LOL.
So the induction started off great as you can see in my last post. I ended up receiving four rounds of meds to get things rolling so when it seemed like every single time they checked we had not progressed it was very discouraging.
It was getting further and further in the day on Feb 8th and they had not yet started the pitocin which was also somewhat discouraging. I was having regular contraction on my own but nothing too painful. Then FINALLY my Dr. broke my water and started the pitocin to get the contractions rolling. I'm not too sure of the time frame I believe this was around noon. And they continued to up the pitocin every half an hour.
So things were finally progressing I was starting to get fairly uncomfortable but still nothing too bad and was dilated to a three when the nurse came in to up the dose and check my vitals. I asked her how long after I asked for the epidural did it usually take for the anesthesiologist to arrive and she said that he was headed into a c-section but would have him come in first to get it now rather than have to wait until he was out of surgery. That worked out so great, I was really not too uncomfortable yet and Stan our anesthesiologist was so great he was cracking Matt and I up and were really grateful that he was part of our birth experience. So the epidural was placed and seriously hurt less then when my IV was administered. I was very quickly pain free! Now hind sight is 20/20 and had I known I would have kicked everyone out of our room and slept as much as possible but unfortunately I did not do that. So as time slowly passed we slowly progressed.
At some point our visitors (my Mom and Matt's parents) that had been with us all day left. I am thinking it was when the pain started getting pretty bad because I do not remember them leaving. So I think we were dilated to a 6 or a 7 when the epidural just wasn't cutting it anymore. My legs were numb and so was my belly but I of course could feel the pain in my pelvis, the nurse kept saying to sleep and rest because I would need my energy but seriously who can sleep when they are feeling the contractions LOL? So Stan paid a visit per my request three times I felt like a baby having to ask for more meds in the epidural but apparently the third time is a charm because Matt said that third time he put a "ton" in LOL and FINALLY I felt like I could try to sleep. After what seemed like 5 minutes of pain free sleep the pain was back and every time I saw the pitocin dosage going up I wanted to cry. The good part was since I was feeling quite a bit as soon as I felt that the pressure was pretty intense and I told the nurse I felt like I wanted to push she checked me and PRAISE GOD after 28 hours in the hospital I was a 10 and ready to push! This was about midnight and the fun began. Now I must note that everyone from the Dr.s to nurses to our anesthesiologist were great we loved our experience as far as employees go EXCEPT for our delivery nurse she acted like she had a better place to be from the beginning and was very unperson-able. So my contractions are about a minute apart and needless to say over two hours of pushing 3-4 times every minute was just a little exhausting. At one point I actually thought I had lost my mind because there was a clock on the wall across from me and no joke the hands started spinning around and around until it said 4am I asked Matt and the nurse if they saw it and lucky thay looked just in time to agree that the clock was broken and the I was in fact still sane LOL. So around 2:15 the nurse FINALLY called the Dr. in to see how things were progressing and she checked for about a half of a push and immediately said stop stop hon, he is too big for you. (now if I had the energy I would have told the nurse just what I though about her making us push for over two hours when it took our Dr. one second to know I needed a c-section) So I am very relived that this will in fact end as they start preparations for the c-section. Stan our favorite anesthesiologist comes in to administer the meds was I was so grateful for because not pushing through the contractions at that point hurt way worse than the pushing did.
The c-section went great and they lift Logan up who then started screaming SO CUTE I did however find the energy to cry just a bit and Matt ran over to get some great pictures. They finished the surgery and handed Logan to me while they wheeled us back to our room and honestly the only thing I could think was oh my God how am I going to be a Mom and be this tired I could not keep my eyes open I have never been that tired in my life. We got back to the room and I felt like the worst Mom ever having to ask the nurse if I sent him to the nursery and had them give him a bottle if that would affect me nursing him later she was super nice (a different nurse at this point) and assured me that he would nurse just fine. I handed Logan to Matt and he said that as soon as my head hit the pillow I started snoring LOL. I hate that I didn't get to snuggle with Logan right away but Matt got to spend several hours with him before sending him to the nursery.

1 comments:
You were such a trooper! I remember the look on your face when we were there Monday night to say hi, you were SO tired so I can only imagine how much worse that was after pushing for so long! Sending him to the nursery makes you a GREAT Mom beacuse you knew that you needed the rest and he was just fine! He is such a cutie! Thanks for letting us be a part of this journey with you guys! Love you!
Post a Comment