On November 24th, 2009 while vacationing in Texas with family for Thanksgiving I received a phone call from our Dr's office letting me know that I failed my glucose test. I of course was very upset and believed all the lies that Satan was trying to tell me like, I was overweight, I ate too much Halloween candy, I am a bad Mom etc..... Because good Moms can can control their insulin levels LOL.
It was comforting to be with family and friends, Matt, my Dad, Amber, Debbie and Ashely all tried to get me to see that it was nothing I did it just happens sometimes. So finally after a day I was able to calm down a little and trust that God is good and will get us through this even if I do have gestational diabetes. (which I still might not have)
My glucose was 155 and they said that they would like for it to be under 130. I asked the nurse what I could do in the mean time until I know for sure and was told to watch my carbs, and stay away from sugars like syrup and jellies. So now on December 14th I go in for a three hour glucose test where I get to fast for 14 hours before hand. Then I will have my blood drawn at the fasting level, drink even more of the glucose junk and then get my blood drawn at one hour and two hours after that. (one Mom to be on a message board for expecting Mom that I belong to fainted during this test YIKES) Then they can make an official diagnosis as to how I am metabolizing the sugar and see if I do in fact have gestational diabetes. Here is hoping that I do not. Either way I trust that if I exercise, and watch my diet that Logan will be fine.
Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:6
Friday, December 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment